Kenny Bania - The Freshmaker said on October 20th, 2005

to me the last three are still the same (keep in mind i haven’t read the article). they’ve just simplified.

the colours are still the same; the type is still the same. that pretty much covers the psychological aspects associated with the brand.

and does visa really need to re-brand itself? i own a visa and i’ve never came across a situation (here in canada) where it hasn’t been accepted.

maybe it’s just me…
or maybe i should read the article.

Freddy said on October 20th, 2005

I agree… its similar to the sears logo. They just got rid of their caps and put a little nike swoosh under their logo.

I guess they are updating to show their current customers that they are always “improving”.

Dragan said on October 20th, 2005

there are plenty of valid reasons companies decide to update their brands this usually happens when a new marketing campagin is launched and the company feels the need to update or refresh itself (as opposed to re-invent)
It is interesting to see how the program develops over the years and to make guesses why certain decisions are made
I love posts like this
Giuliano, there is a bunch of other corporate identity programs that have undergone similar makeovers. We should make this a regular post like fred’s “bad bad logo choice” posts. Im thinking ups, shell any others anyone?

Giuliano said on October 21st, 2005

I´ve really like the idea of the regular posts about “extreme makeovers” on corporative visual identities.
Let´s do it Dragan.
What do you think about it Freddy?

Freddy said on October 21st, 2005

i love it… let’s do it.

Kenny Bania - The Freshmaker said on October 21st, 2005

first corporate extreme makeover:

Google

seriously, is that a drop shadow? you gotta be fucking shitting me. and what’s with the colour scheme? i would especially like to know which genius suggested that the ‘l’ be a flourescent lime green.