Anonymous said on November 28th, 2005

oh man, all of scot hansen’s stuff has been awesome

djmaru said on November 28th, 2005

just purchased 3 of his prints.

marcus said on November 29th, 2005

…is this for the glitchy/dreampop “science of patterns” tycho?

cipher said on November 29th, 2005

Absolutely Splendid Work! Thanks a ton for the link. It’s been an amazing find. Have a great day dude!

Kenny Bania - The Freshmaker said on November 29th, 2005

this is a nice site. i just finished buying a few prints for myself and my girlfriend. the best is the tycho huron spectrum one.

djmaru, which prints did you buy?

Neuville said on November 29th, 2005

that’s great, I’ll go to buy some prints for me, too! :-)

bdeth said on November 30th, 2005

I have to disagree with BANIA. I find the DUAL 1 poster to be a superb specimen. HURON SPECTRUM, while nice in some elements, doesn’t genuinely reflect HANSEN’S skill in it’s symmetry and lack of depth.

DUAL 1 is on my Christmas list.

Kenny Bania - The Freshmaker said on November 30th, 2005

i happen to find dual 1 waaaaay too busy. in fact, i might go so far as to say that the dual ones are my least favourite.

bdeth said on November 30th, 2005

I would agree with you if they were billboards meant to be read within a 3 second time span.

However, as a print meant to be framed and enjoyed for a much longer period of time I find the added depth/detail very satisfying.

With a simpler design, there’s very little mystery and almost no surprises to be enjoyed after the first 10 seconds of viewing.

As far as busyness, my definition may not be textbook, but busyness to me usually means something thrown together without much thought, or lots of elements with no direction or focal point. HANSEN’S DUAL designs are neither.

But to each his own.