Anonymous said on January 3rd, 2006

I think this is just stupid. To be frankly honest I’m not even sure if I get the idea. It’s a sports store. So they sell everything that you possibly will need while doing any kind of sport. I know this by a fact because I’ve been in one of the stores. Okay, can you explain me why we see a vast landscape with a young man tracing a soccerfield? What has the massive variety of products they offer to do with the giant soccerfield? To make things more enigmatic you clearly see two white balls. What is this? Where is this leading to? What are these people smoking man? Sorry dudes & dudettes but I’m totally missin’ the boat here.
Normally I’m not this rant person but this cheap & empty attempt to tickle my brain is rather tickling my temper. So sorry for the destructive blog but this had to be said.

Freddy said on January 3rd, 2006

no problem
what they are trying to say is that the have so much equipment (soccer, in this case) that they “could” fill that whole area.

Anonymous said on January 3rd, 2006

Why isn’t it filled then?
Only two balls and a kid who’s tracing the field. No, I beg to differ, or this is very poorly executed or they are trying to say something else. Beats me…

Cosmo said on January 3rd, 2006

I totally agree, if it was meant to be like freddy says then there would’ve been at least a dozen more balls or maybe even the impression that behind the horizon there are millions and millions of balls. But just two and the tracer? A bit poor.

Ralph said on January 3rd, 2006

I’m not buying this ;-)

Bernard said on January 3rd, 2006

Maybe because of the tons of products they offer, you can spill with the equipment? They kicked the balls out of the stadium, so they expand the playfield. No, that’s bullshit…just forget it!

Freddy said on January 3rd, 2006

I have posted the other ad, for some reason there were only two.
For me it’s more about the visual i think.

qwerty said on January 3rd, 2006

It’s just a “big” thing as far as I can tell — big sports store, big sports, big playing field. Think of a stadium the size of Australia. What would you need to equip such a place? Why, you’d need one big sporting goods store.

I agree that it’s stupid, but I’m pretty sure that’s what the point is supposed to be.

Kenny Bania - The Freshmaker said on January 4th, 2006

i agree with qwerty. i think the idea behind this campaign is simply “big”. i think anymore time spent on trying to look for a deeper meaning is time better spent eating grapes.

Anonymous said on January 5th, 2006

I don´t know the rest of the campaign, but over here in german television ,we have a spot running for the WM 2006 soccer games and the spot looks just the same:
There are people that run across the countrys borders marking everything with with powder and in the end they zoom out like google earth and you see the lines of a soccer field.
Don´t know if anyone got “inspired” here by eachone another.

Anonymous said on January 5th, 2006

At least with the German spot the idea is very clear and the message is spot on.. The Decathlon thing is just so way off…

Freddy said on January 5th, 2006

Do you guys by any chance know of a link where i can see the world cup ad ?

big_tex said on January 6th, 2006

Visually captivating, feels kind of cold though. I don’t get a connection, it’s as if these could be lunar landscapes.

Know what I mean?