Bob said on July 12th, 2006

Ug. I used to work on this account. Nightmare city. No matter what their logo is, their advertising will always be determined by men in white coats brandishing loops to find something wrong with, say, Nadav’s photography.

j truitt said on July 12th, 2006

to bob i say: HAHAHAHAHAHA

about the new logo…i like it better than the old one i guess. but they are both a little bland.

Ben said on July 12th, 2006

Of the last few rebrands, this one at least is digestable. I won’t say I like it, but I won’t scoff.

Deanna said on July 12th, 2006

See I never liked the old logo/packaging/ads/branding – so the fact that I don’t like this one either doesn’t surprise me. I just assume Fujifilm has no taste in design.

I don’t get what it’s supposed to be/represent/give the feeling of. It looks to me like the “f” hit the “i” with an exacto knife and drew blood causing the top if the “i” to turn red. Yup…sad…that’s what I got from it.

But I do like the new type. The “j”, “l” & “m” are much more graceful, light and consistent.

Deanna said on July 12th, 2006

And why did they ditch the 1934 logo? That type is sweet and I love how different from nearly all their competitors [who all love harsh angles, black & red and the “technology bland” look.] it is.

They should go back to that.

bigbigtruck said on July 12th, 2006

It’s not that pretty, but it’s instantly recognizable as Fujifilm, and it’s cleaner than before. *thumb up*

Yulia said on July 12th, 2006

Well it’s better than Sprite. i don’t mind it as much. The type is a bit tall and skinny. The nice part is that the ditched the red part of the logo. Looks nicer with out it… but that’s only my 2 cents. I do like the old blocky font better.

jabz.biz said on July 12th, 2006

Oh it´s much better! Really nice, clean, only 2 colors, now glows, now radiation,…nice and clean. Great, on ecan still “see the old logo”. Good Job.

And yes, it´s much better than that ugly sprite design!

Matthew said on July 12th, 2006

I’ll tell you…it feels better to me. Warmer, more approachable. I like it.

:ill said on July 12th, 2006

Gaining impact without losing brand equity. That’s not easy to pull off. I’d say it’s a step forward.

MeDeA_ said on July 12th, 2006

uf…like some of u said…this is the…”best” from the 3 ones of this week…!

mmm….i think that…there’s something in the character’s space that is not right..i mean…mmm…this…”triangle” form the 2nd F and the space in the 2-color-“i” …they look closer (obviously) than the others but..it’s ok…really cold, but…legible..!

artbitz said on July 12th, 2006

kinda plain, not too inspired, but never liked the old logo either

ray said on July 12th, 2006

very nice, much better.. more professional looking, simpler, more approachable…

Northshore said on July 13th, 2006

I don’t know why, but that just strikes me as a much better fit for Formula 1 advertising – their old logo didn’t quite meld with the rest of the F1 big boys in terms of style – this does.

Nexy said on July 14th, 2006

Really what happened with sprite? Very ugly work for a big company. I think Fuji should use that new logo before, their brand doesn’t attract me and won’t. Does anyone know will they still use green color in brand?

Pete said on July 14th, 2006

I can’t believe they’re still using the word “film”, sounds so old fashioned.

Blaze said on July 15th, 2006

Yeah this one cleans it up, gets rid of the old 70’s Fuji mark and makes it simple enough to work nicely. Not outstanding but it’s still a nice change.

Casey said on July 16th, 2006

Visually all I can focus on is the white space between the I and F which isn’t a good thing. I think they missed an opportunity to keep the shape of the red square on the old logo (of which I have never been all that fond). Hmm. Don’t think I care for it much.

Irfan said on July 17th, 2006

I think it’s quite a nice logo. But the old one’s still gets my vote. it’s a unique design and has a strong japanese feel into it. Don’t know why, but it does.

Steve said on October 31st, 2006

It’s an improvement, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why they’d retain the word “film” as part of their identity. That makes about as much sense as a company like Blockbuster calling themselves “BlockbusterVHS”