Dam said on July 24th, 2006

I gotta tell ya, i like it much better. At first glance the colours were a bit msn as you said but i reckon search and browsing is much easier and the white space is great.

Freddy said on July 24th, 2006

I agree with you that searching and browsing is better, but the design could have been much better. :)

bloom said on July 24th, 2006

I didn’t use technorati frequently in the ast, but I remeember it as being pretty clean and straightforward. it now looks a bit clustered. I don’t like the general feel, but can’t say anything about usability (or maybe I can) – beccause I don’t feel like using this site.

Coolz0r said on July 24th, 2006

Looking at those new colors, I’d say they went fully web 2.0 :)

Anthony said on July 24th, 2006

I agree with you, Freddy — the all-green color scheme worked a lot better than the current random mashup. :)

Larry Roth said on July 25th, 2006

As a member, I like the new design. I would always visit technorati to not only do some searches, check my favorites, and also check on my stats (as sad as they are)–and it’s nice to see everything at a glance. I could see how it is more cluttered than the previous search box, but the tabs of the old design always confused me. Anyway–one vote for the new design!

ELMANCO / Stefano Ricci said on July 25th, 2006

I’m agree Technorati don’t need a redesign, the old one was more interesting. Probably they decided to standard.

milo said on July 25th, 2006

they lost teir “GREEN”, now it looks like some of my messed up drawings…

Naina Redhu said on July 25th, 2006

I TOTALLY agree – I don’t like the colors one-bit – very disjointed – I too blogged about it http://www.aside.in/blog/2006/07/25/technorati-re-designs/
I loved the old design.

Mike said on July 25th, 2006

IMHO, it is better than most web 2.0 designs. But those colors are getting worn out from over use.

Danny Foo said on July 25th, 2006

I think having you (Freddy) and any other person say that it looks like a web 2.0 website was what they were gunning for. Maybe the previous design didn’t present itself as a Web 2.0 app on its face so what they did was perform comsmetic surgery on the face. :)

Every techie knows Technorati is a web 2.0 app but what about people who need to recognize visually first. Anyway, that’s just my 2.0 cents. Hahaha.

Kenny Bania said on July 26th, 2006

fred, you mean to say that you DON’T like myspace?

you DON’T like web companies that attract idiots to ‘customize’ their own ‘website’ with pre-existing templates?

NOW you tell me.

i guess i have to buy you a new christmas present then.
good thing i kept the receipt.

Zeid said on July 26th, 2006

I got used to the previous Technorati look and feel, and this seems like too much of a departure.

Eveything is so much more condensed.

Zana said on July 28th, 2006

Not fond of the color combinations as well. Nearly fluorescent green and hot pink is a no-no, at least for me.