Nate said on January 2nd, 2007

I like it generally – the logo is much simpler and memorable, however the e is weaker. In trying conditions, such as sunlight, there may be readability issues as the contrast between the white e and surrounding green is lessened.

MeDeA_ said on January 2nd, 2007

another good poin: join the “e” with the “enterprise” (i hope u understand..i don’t really know how to explain that in English!)

Markus said on January 2nd, 2007

It’s better but it’s still not really good. The old ‘e’ was better indeed. Perhaps there should be a bit more space between the ‘n’ and the green area.

David said on January 2nd, 2007

Your´re right. The old “e” has more of the road. But I don´t like the white “rent a car” box.
The redesign is more compact what I like. But first I connected it with an AA Duracell batterie
(http://images.google.de/images?hl=de&q=duracell&btnG=Bilder-Suche).

Hmmm

Nigel said on January 2nd, 2007

Nice piece of confident rebranding… they dropped the rent-a-car reference, no doubt because they no longer need it. The image seems more coherent (the old image felt like two or three elements cobbled together), though I don’t much like the bolder font (it feels cramped), but you can’t have everything…

Dam said on January 2nd, 2007

I agree with what Nigel said, nice move by leaving the ” rent a car ” tag. The re-branding not only was to modernize they company’s corporate id, but as they are now more know around the us, they can forget about the tag.

arun chakkravarthy said on January 3rd, 2007

not so great, and there is no big difference btwn old and new.

Deanna said on January 3rd, 2007

I like it. It’s much simpler and I like that they’ve incorporated the e in the word. Before it looked too much like “e enterprise” was their name.

I do see how David thought of a battery company though – the shape & size of the rectangle, along with the green box & black box does make me think of a Duracell battery. Kind of gestalt – don’t you think?

Nexy said on January 4th, 2007

I think its overdated, the old one and the new one.

withoutstars said on January 4th, 2007

Now if only they’d get a new TV spot. ‘Hi Enterprise, I’m stuck at the repair shop and I need to rent a car…’ ‘Sure, we’ll have a ’96 Lumina for you in a jiffy.’