David Airey said on February 18th, 2007

I think it’s an improvement because the first one looks very dated, but now it reminds me too much of the drink – a G&T (gin and tonic).

I don’t think it has to say ‘office supplies’. It has to be memorable, unique and represent the emotion of the brand. Take ‘Apple’ for instance. That hardly says ‘computer’.

Emily said on February 18th, 2007

The icon kind of reminds me of Staples’s “easy button.” It’s not so good to be advertsing another company who sells office supplies in your corporate identity…

bloom said on February 18th, 2007

OMG! OMG! They forgot the reflection! everything else is there – sans-serif type, fake 3D, softed color – but no reflection!

Well, as the old logo lacks any style at all, the new one is all history repeating – ahm, wanted to say ‘is in the tradition of the company’. or something. indifferent, like … uhm.

The Ad Mad! said on February 18th, 2007

Well, they pressed F5 on the colors, which is OK…But I’m not sure the rest is working for the company

the illusionist said on February 18th, 2007

why bother?

Le Chiffre said on February 19th, 2007

Am I the only one who thinks that the old logo is actually better? It has this kinda cool ’80s edgy design what actually looks intentional if advertised in the right way.

kiwi said on February 19th, 2007

Agreed

ELMANCO / Stefano Ricci said on February 19th, 2007

They are each other bad logos… i think so

hybrid said on February 20th, 2007

The old brand was definitely dated, but so was their business model. They had different tiers of pricing for retail, catalog, Web and direct sales, and the whole structure was just cumbersome and confusing.

Maybe their corporate parent, OfficeMax wanted to simplify things since they’ve probably been getting crushed by Office Depot and Staples for about the last decade.

Jose Roseva said on February 21st, 2007

I would’ve kept the original colors. The word Toys will neccesarely remind me of children stuff, the bright colors do so, also.

zezilia said on February 21st, 2007

I had no idea that company existed. Much less what the did for a living.

I think the old logo told me more thing about those guys than the new one. It’s so…generic.

Justin said on February 21st, 2007

gin and tonic

Joe said on June 12th, 2008

Actually, I really like it. It is fresh and bold. It says ” Here I am world!”. They are the leading business to business supplier in Canada with huge corporate sales. They have been in business over 125 years. They needed the change and it looks grrreeeaattttt!