advertising archive said on August 12th, 2007

I like it. It’s masculine and strong. It’s very American too. It’s simple and if they can own the pentagon star it would be a great tool for branding. The only downside is that it looks like a logo for the US Pentagon and feels a bit military. I can’t imagine a small feminine car with this logo either.

whimsical said on August 12th, 2007

I like the font but HATE the logo! I hated it in the 90ies and I hate it now. The recent winged emblem stated ‘high quality’, ‘high value’ and above all it a symbol of a proud brand’s history. The new emblem just looks cheap, boring and shiftless. I just hope that doesn’t read into Chrysler’s upcoming model and brand policy…

adtech said on August 12th, 2007

very military. but i still like it

Propaganda Minister said on August 12th, 2007

I think they should worry about designing exciting cars that people actually want to buy. The logo in my opinion is the least of their worries.

carywd said on August 12th, 2007

hated it then, hate it now
i suggest a new start with a new name

Kayzah said on August 13th, 2007

Looks like a logo from a cheap champagne. Bad designed!

mondarnio said on August 13th, 2007

Is not very similar to mercedes??

Yulia said on August 13th, 2007

horrible.

KeyLime said on August 13th, 2007

All of sudden, the 2012 London Olympics logo is very attractive :)

dragan said on August 13th, 2007

KeyLime – steals my thoughts – well said :D

so disappointing …
they should learn a thing or two from their sister brand “dodge” and dodge the unattractive designs

its just soo sterile
the new penta-star idea is not that bad in terms of
adjusting the old one and what it conveys
but it just looks soooo cheap and crappy

its like the K-car all over again
and you would think that there would be some Daimler influence there in terms of design standards but I don’t seen any. Its a cheap looking brand all together

Kristen A said on August 14th, 2007

And Mercedes has a star enclosed in a circle. Hmm….

Blue Sam said on August 14th, 2007

they return old logo??? I suddenly feel like I am in old day already. It got nice feel over the original pentagon

Goddammit said on August 14th, 2007

Dragan – the “K” car image was exactly what popped into my mind when I saw the new logo.

What a disappointment. I liked the winged version much more because it had a sense of style that was both classic and modern. I wouldn’t buy a Chrysler with that logo on it (I own a PT Cruiser).

Benjamin Jancewicz said on August 14th, 2007

boooooring.
Why bring back an image that makes people think of beat up minivans with fake wood paneling?

Besides, the original was meant to look like a Crystal (and was called the Chrysler Crystal).

The new design just… doesn’t do it…

Jose Roseva said on August 15th, 2007

There is no feeling of creativity or class on these designs, the new one seems like the head of a screw, and a cheap one,

Bill said on August 17th, 2007

Good thing they put the words “The New” in the new logo, so we’d know it wasn’t “The Old and Stale”.

The Ad Mad! said on August 18th, 2007

It’s stronger than the old one, but I think the previous one was more stylish…plus the new type spacing makes it totaly unreadable

Morning Toast said on August 22nd, 2007

I’m with others here, the new (old) logo reminds me of crappy cars and minivans that were not filled with fond childhood memories. The winged logo was very elegant and more along the lines of European style which gives it immediate class compared to other American auto logos.

I wonder if they’re trying to bank on the popularity of “retro” right now? But that only works if people want to remember the past. In this case I’d rather not.

odalodal said on September 5th, 2007

I’ve never seen a logo with “The New” in it. Wonder when they take that away…in one year, two, three…or will it be new forever? If you buy a Chrysler you enter a “now”, without history or future…strange…Chrysler is really creative…

Rosita said on October 5th, 2007

They most definately should use the wings and leave out the pentastar.

and they shouldn’t mess around with things unless they plan on bringing back the 1995 – 1999 style of the sebring back.

August 12th, 2007 at 5:03 pm Entreprenews of the Week -- Young Go Getter mention something about this post....