zegoma beach said on September 5th, 2007

I love it! It’s so much hipper now. I’m going to use them for all my shipping from now on.

(To paraphrase a commenter on the Old Navy rebranding last year)

Cam said on September 5th, 2007

I think the new logo looks like a petroleum company….lacks the speed of the previous

erat said on September 5th, 2007

The new logo is much more readable. I don’t know if I love either one of them, but the new logo is definitely an improvement over the first.

Christopher Hebert said on September 5th, 2007

The previous version is sharper – and the new one seems a little ‘slower’ – to my eyes.

Christopher Hebert said on September 5th, 2007

Also, the ‘lator’ element is jumping out more which, if you’re a courier, I would assume to be a bad thing.

Benjamin Jancewicz said on September 5th, 2007

I agree… it doesn’t seem as fast.
What’s the point of the icon?? It doesn’t add anything. It’s an interesting shape, but…

It kind of looks like a credit card. Or a ID card. Which brings to mind government and money. Not exactly good images for a shipping company…

Steve Keys said on September 5th, 2007

I’m the opposite – I like the icon but not a fan of the type.

Alessandra said on September 5th, 2007

I think the font is a little too round– however, I like the new icon. Could it have used more work? Sure, but it’s better than the old one.

Sam said on September 6th, 2007

I like the old one because it doesn’t look as gay.

Doug Bartow said on September 6th, 2007

Fairly uninspiring.

Sometimes being “not as bad as it could be” is a WIN. (sort of)

It won’t affect my air/oil filter purchasing decisions. FRAM’s orange still squashes it like a grape.

Andrew said on September 6th, 2007

I’m not sure if I really like either of them. But if I had to choose, I’d go with the old version. It really didn’t change too much in my eyes.

Paul said on September 10th, 2007

There are so many other issues besides just needing a refresh. What is the icon? A checkmark? It looks like a “J” which makes no sense. Not to mention the colors and use of stripes is somewhat reminiscent of the other Purolator (primarily an oil filter manufacturer). I think if I were to rebrand Purolator (the shipping company) I would try to move away from the red, white, and blue scheme, and maybe try some shipping related iconography, but then again, I’m not Canadian, so for all I know, Purolator was already a huge, widely respected brand, so drastic changes would have been a mistake.

Name Required! said on September 20th, 2007

More rounder?

I like the old one better, except, I prefer the blue in the newer one… And the check in the first one bothers me, just because of that awkward… break…