takio said on December 21st, 2007

well, if the old one was the new, one migh argue that it looked like a logo for a maker of escalators :D
Familiarity goes a long way… we end up preferring a badly designed familiar brand to a well designed new one.
I’m not saying that the old one is much better or worse than the new one, which is just more “banal” and web2.0-ish and at the same time a little retro – the type on the old version is very fresh. The “surround branding” work plays a major role here, wait for the rest to come out…

Mike said on December 21st, 2007

While I can see where the could have done some updating, the loss of the red is a tragedy. I like the new font. However, unless they somehow keep their brand identity through the packaging, it’s a complete and epic fail.

IMHO. ;)

Roseva said on December 21st, 2007

I didnt like much the old one, but the new one is just plain, looks like something done in CorelDraw 10 years ago, I dont think of it as an improvement.

Shay said on December 21st, 2007

Honestly, this saddens me. Huge mistake in my opinion.

ivan from adsoftheworld said on December 21st, 2007

I agree with you!

Bob II said on December 21st, 2007

Another thumbs down.

The old logo had a certain retro charm. The new one has no personality at all.

jebus said on December 21st, 2007

That lowercase ‘n’ tells the whole story.
From a nice bold italic with style and sharp swooshy seriffs to a buttoned down typewriter front with web 2.0 filters thrown on.

rahadian said on December 21st, 2007

Yup. I think the old logo is better. The new one looks like an IT or software company to me.

Jim said on December 21st, 2007

The new logo looks more like a farmer’s market organic brand of drink instead of an international fruit punch. I think it’s just a little bland.

bobcruz said on December 22nd, 2007

the red oval is missing, and it’s part of the logo’s entirety. It’s like removing the horse in Ferrari’s logo. I think they under assessed the rebranding.

Brand Police said on December 22nd, 2007

Snapple’s branding has been slipping recently. Snapple Antioxidant Water? Snapple Diet Green Tea? What were they thinking? Why all the line extensions? This new logo is just another symptom of the poisoning of their brand.

jonathan said on December 23rd, 2007

I could not agree more with most of you.. mistake! Wow i would not want to be the branding mind behind this one! Well…. haha… I would actually LOVE to be on the branding team here.. they need a little push I think

Chuck said on December 23rd, 2007

The lowercase ‘e’ is really bugging me. It’s the last thing you see in the new logo and clearly has the worst formally of all the letters.

Not worth of the cost of implementation in my opinion.

Bendy said on December 26th, 2007

The ‘e’ has a broken foot…

I hate this new logo and brand. It looks exactly like every other fruit-juice/tea/alternative-to-pop beverage on the shelf today. People bought snapple for a reason, and they have thrown that reason completely out the window.

With local offerings of higher quality than Snapple, I don’t understand what they’re trying to accomplish with this new logo. Targeting a market that already has an inundation of great offerings that already look like how snapple just rebranded? A juice company trying to disguise itself as a earthy, nature conscious beverage company? RIP Snapple.

jazzyw said on February 14th, 2008

maybe it would look nice if they updated the graphics too.

jake decker said on April 15th, 2008

i have a good snapple picture that i want to put in your ads, go to my myspace.

myspace.com/thatsrad2

Savannah said on April 4th, 2009

I do not like it. Its is way too plain. The old logo was fun, and unique. It was SNAPPLE. Now it is just blase’ and won’t appeal to teens or others. It’s just not the same.
Change it back!

December 23rd, 2007 at 8:47 am // Moey’s » Snapple rebranding . mention something about this post....