aidan said on October 26th, 2009

agree on the removal of the keys, but this is one of my favorites i’ve seen on here lately. real clever idea.

Adrian said on October 26th, 2009

Yeh nice advertisement – as a Guinness drinker … the drink in the glass – does all the talking!

Justin said on October 26th, 2009

Agreed. Perfect example of how bad type can ruin a great ad. It’s a really fun idea but that type…shudder. Also, just happy halloween at the bottom would’ve been simpler and better.

Sam Orf said on October 26th, 2009

Oh Scary. It’s a vampire beer.

Justin said on October 26th, 2009

Wow. That’s a “Don’t Drink and Drive” fail.

Lucas said on October 26th, 2009

I believe that the keys are there to remind viewers not to drink and drive (the beer’s not reflected in the mirror, nor are the keys).

Freddy said on October 26th, 2009

@Lucas no the keys ARE reflected in the mirror ;)

Peter said on October 26th, 2009

Actually, I think it works well, if you look a little deeper.

At first I noticed the beer and keys, bad idea.. But then if you look at the mirror, the beer is gone, aka a vampire Halloween beer.

But they used the keys as the focal point on the mirror, otherwise the you would have nothing to be the focus on the mirror.

I think the use of the keys is provocative because it makes you think, that there is something wrong with the image, and look at it more closely.

It got my attention.

See you at the Pub…

Sam the Deaf said on October 28th, 2009

Suppose, it going to bite me?

ROInnis85 said on October 29th, 2009

Love it,

The reflection in the mirror represents the DD, which is obviously not you on the other side.

Ash said on March 31st, 2010

There’s no getting away from the drink/drive connection. Guinness could’ve used any pub-related ephemera and they opted for keys. Such a reckless oversight (not to mention the off-brand typography), it makes me think it’s perhaps not even a genuine ad.

Simon said on November 10th, 2011

It looks to me that the keys have been put down after the ‘drinker’ has returned home. The clock is at 9pm. I don’t think the setting is supposed to be a pub. It could have been candy if they simply wanted a focal point, but I agree that it looks so off-brand that it can’t be a commissioned piece.

October 26th, 2009 at 1:10 pm Impreso de Guinness en Hungría | Fumada Estratégica mention something about this post....
October 30th, 2009 at 1:04 am Guinness: la birra vampiro « RedCat Blog – by Anton Pirpan mention something about this post....
October 30th, 2009 at 8:17 am Guinness Halloween | Marketing Non Convenzionale - Ninja Marketing mention something about this post....